Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kaisercraft Design Team 2011 Call blog post



Welcome to my application for the Kaisercraft Design Team. I have a selection of paper crafting projects to show you.

First section = OFF THE PAGE.

I have created a handbag for my front lobby. I love the new Chanteuse collection. This is the first off the page item I have kept as I usually give them as gifts, but I purposely created this one for our home.


The front of the handbag

The back of the handbag
  
In its home in my lobby
Second Section = CARDS



Life Is a Beach
 I've used the Seaside papers here and raised them with foam dots to give dimension. I've also created a shaker box using beads in the same colourway.


One of a Kind
 Here I've done some punching, added some ribbon and flowers for a pretty, girly card.


U are One of a Kind
 I've started with white cardstock. I've punched out lots of little flowers, bent up each petal to add dimension and added one green one with a Kaiser ice green pearl to make it stand out as "One of a Kind".

Section 3 - LAYOUTS


Grade Six
 I've created this School layout using Class of '87. Here is my son on his first day of Grade Six. I chose a play on ABC blocks for the accents.


Central Park
 I've used a variety of different Kaisercraft collections for this layout, just so long as they had the same colour scheme. I got the idea for this layout from a car advertisment in our local TV guide. I've just cut different strips of PP, faux stitched in different ways on them with coloured pens and added them randomly to the page. I like the effect.


Indoor Karting
 I though the Shaken Not Stirred collection was so cool. We all love James Bond in this family. We even made some family movies called Bames Jond. Instead of uber-cool and successful, Bames was a bumbling spy code-named 0007. The collection was perfeThisct for my son's birthday party layout.


Xmas 2010
 Here is a double I made for our family tradition of Kris Kringle gift-giving. The guys page is on the left and the girls page is on the right. They are subtley different but still matching. I've used some wooden frames as journal boxes.

Empire State Building
I love to make travel albums. Recently we went to the US and I've been doing lots of pages on that trip. Here is a double I made for one of the recent Saturday sketches over at Kaiser. It was a double with a pocket page on the right. I made my own pocket and have slipped in the tourist guide map for the view from the top (which is incredible btw).

So, there you have it. I'm hoping the selection panel over at Kaisercraft love my creations. I certainly love their products and love scrapbooking to bits. I'd be honoured to be on their team and would feel blessed to be chosen.

Thanks for looking.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Dale. Good luck with the DT call. I have to get busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Dale! I love all of your creations. Good luck to you and the DT call!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Dale... was thinking of submitting too! Not sure I will have time though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the application Dale! Fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Kaiser creations are gorgeous Dale! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects! My favorites are Central Park layout and U are One of a Kind. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go Dale. they are all fabulous.... The little handbag is amazing ... goodluck my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Dale, lotsa work gone in there......great job, especially luv the handbag!!!!! WELL DONE.......hope you get in!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dale! I see you have been hard at work, in your application for KC. I hope it pays off! I especially liked the "U are" card. :) Thanks for leaving some love on my Anthropologie mug-inspired card yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the Dt possie take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your DT application.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cool I am just loving the little handbag - wishing you all the best for the DT call
    :) Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work Dale ! I think the handbag and cards are my favourites !!! Good luck with your application !
    Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So bright and colourful ... just delightful!! Good Luck , Smiles from Kel : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! So much inspiration and gorgeousness!! Good luck with your application!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome job!! Thx for sharing...x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your showcase of goodies!!
    Love Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete