Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"Ready for the Ball" for Scrap Around The World

NOVEMBER 2014 challenge at Scrap around the world



The image we had to be inspired by was just so gorgeous and too hard to pass up. I just fell in love with it.

Here is my layout.


Close up

I wanted my layout to seem like you were looking at an antique dressing table top. Wear lapel pins and corsages is quite a traditional idea, as is going to a Ball.

First of all I was inspired by the lace curtaining that looks like doilies. I've misted the background paper over a doily with glimmer mist to make it sparkle. I have scattered around some petals, a row of pearls and some pearls. I have a hand made lace flower that I made and a row of crocheted trim as well. I also have some sheet music pp in the corners. There is always dancing at a Ball so the music paper is appropriate.


6 comments:

  1. I love the doily flower in your layout. And the pearls are also lovely. Thank you very much for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting layout! Great job! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a novel idea making as if you are looking down at a dressing table! I love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea re the dressing table top! You've used the colours beautifully. Thanks for joining in at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful page! Thanks so much for playing at SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete