Monday, February 1, 2021

ARTastic February challenge

 February is upon us. How is your 2021 going?

Time for a new challenge at ARTastic.



Check out this fun painting by Sarah Beetson called Purple Flamingos.

Here is my layout inspired by it.




I  had this gorgeous patterned paper by Kaisercraft that I knew would be perfect so I started with that.

I noticed that there were little spots of different sizes all over the piece.  I had a Kaisercraft 12x12 stencil called Faded Dots so I used some magenta and white paints to dry brush all over the patterened paper.

Then I double matted the photos with white vellum and black cardstock.  I felt they needed this treatment in order to stand out from the busy background.

Lastly I added embellishments.  Can you see the little hand crocheted white and purple flowers that my Mum made for me?

Check out what the other Designers did and maybe enter at ARTastic's facebook page here.

Thanks for looking. 

Dale x


No comments:

Post a Comment