Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Scalloped card and extra technique

 Hello. December at last.

Time to show you the Archi-scraps challenge for this month.

Here is the image and the criteria is to use scallops.


I chose to use Martha Stewart's large Daisy Scallop punch to create some scalloped layers on a card.

I picked the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Dandy Day petite paper pack. I liked the softer colours. I want to give this to a dear girl for her 21st birthday.  (I am making this in September. We share an early October birthday).






I often like to decorate the inside as well. Good to use up the left over strip from the front and tiny bit of ribbon.

To create the front of the card I chose 3 pastel layers. I chose matching pearls for the flower centres. I have added a stamped image in grey and purple. Then for the final touch I added a flower with the same colours and a brad as the centre.

Now there were a lot of  petal shapes punched out and I wanted to do something with them.

I glued them down in a flower pattern with a couple of layers on to the other two left over strips. Then, I glued on a button.  I now have some value added embellishments to use on future projects and have minimised any waste.


What do you think?  Do you think you would like to try this? It's real easy.

Head over to the Archiscraps facebook page for further inspiration from other DT members and to add your entry. There is always a prize on offer too.

Cheers,

Dale x



1 comment: