Friday, May 22, 2015

Challenge time at Unstampabelles - Annie Lennox

June 2015 challenge at Unstampabelles

Who is Your Hero/Heroine? We all have someone we look up to and admire. Create a mixed media item to celebrate your hero! (It is also the Queen's birthday and Ramadan month, if this helps for some). Your hero may be your spouse or another family member, a national or international figure or indeed a fictional person. 

The twist is to journal about it in your blog.

Here is the prize. Gorgeous, right?



I greatly admire and esteem the singer Annie Lennox.  When I first heard the Eurythmics in 1983 I was blown away by her voice. The title track of that album was Sweet Dreams (are made of this) and I loved it so much. It's my go to karaoke song.  Wasn't sure what to make of her androgynous look but she was still strong and powerful and I loved that voice of hers. Wow.

From what I know of her know I can only love her even more. She is also a political and social activist, notable for raising money and awareness for HIV/ AIDS as it affects women and children in Africa. She has remained current. Who heard her sing Take Me To Church with Hozier? She blew him out of the water. My opinion. 

So, I picked a photo from Google images to use. Couldn't go past her Diva album cover. Stunning.

I picked up the pattern from the wallpaper in the background of the photo, those diamonds, plus the colours and used a stencil and lots of inks to created my own background.









Then, I took some white and some lime cardstock and using some bright pink stayzon ink stamped some sheet music.

I've also added ribbon, feathers, applique, rhinestones, a hand made satin flower with a covered fabric button, a brad, some twine and a metal treble embellishment, plus some patterned paper.

Here are a few close ups.



Hope you like the challenge and feel you can join in. Check out what the other DT members have done. Don't forget there are reveals each week so if you get a bit stuck there will be more to look at.

3 comments:

  1. Love this page Dale - sorry it's not travel orientated but I think you enjoyed the creation of your inky background! Looks fab. Yes, I like her voice - smoky. My middle granddaughter likes her work and introduced me. I like the elements you have introduced too - the feathers and ribbons and cleft charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely detail in your creation Dale. A interesting piece too about Annie Lennox. Great voice. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Dale, love the bright colours and misty background!
    Thanks for leaving me some love on my blog, hope your trip to Tassie was fun :-)

    ReplyDelete