Thursday, September 19, 2013

Potter layout for Papercrafter's Corner

Week 23 at Papercrafter's Corner for their Magazine Monday cover is pretty crazy. Take a look at this image.
Reminds me of the test pattern for sure.

Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays - Week 23 Inspiration Piece (image)

There are lots of possibilities though.  Here is what I came up with.






















Here was my thinking. First of all, it had to be bright. Second, it needed a big circle shape in the middle. Next, it had to have coloured strips. The paper strips in my weaving pattern have been misted with some strips over the top so some white stripes were left when you took them away. I have woven them with some purple ribbons. The journal tag at the bottom represents the centre title which has blue/green colours and then some strips out to the side (the ribbon on my tag).

The event I'm at was Potted Potter, a show where 2 guys go through the entire 7 books of Harry Potter. It was my birthday present and my family and I went on my birthday to see it. It was very enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what a perfect piece for the challenge...I thing you are "right on target" with this piece...good luck in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so cool! It's amazing how any different things come to mind looking at this new cover! LOVE what you've done here ... great job!

    ReplyDelete