Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Conservative (Feminine/Demure)




Mine was first  cab off the rank this week for week 3 of Scrap Boutique's Passion 4 Fashion competition. The theme is conservative. Challenge is to use pastels, soft blends, muted rainbow with simple rounded curves, innocent and very feminine. Sometimes diamond accessories.

I love the colour lilac so I used that as my main pastel colour. I've used a layout by Natalie Elphinstone (11/9/11 post) as my inspiration. Main element I scraplisted was the hand cut "rainbow" and placement of photo. I've used a black and white picture of myself at 4 years of age. Innocence personified. I look very sweet don't you think?

The little butterflies have been hand made by me. I made them as embellishments for Amanda's swaps last month. The theme was fly away. I stamped the butterfly using Kaisercraft lilac ink on to some cardstock which was a bit textured, then hand cut it. I've lined the edges in Kindy Glitz and added a purple rhinestone from D'Lish Scraps. I made some extras to use for myself I liked them that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment