Sunday, July 9, 2017

Thank you card using pen work

Hiya,

The July 2017 inspiration at Artastic challenge blog is:

Abstract by Robert Klippel


JULY inspiration is Abstract by Robert Klippel

I chose to make a card.  Here is what I did.

I chose a stencil that I thought I could work with.  Then I picked a number of pens in similar tones.


I got my trusty little CM clips and attached the stencil to white paper and cardboard to hold everything in place.


Then I proceeded to very carefully use my pens to trace along the lines in the stencil. I alternated colours. I used the ruler to hold the stencil still.


I used the paper as a backing paper for my card.  I showed my son and he thought it was a patterned paper so I thin it has been successful. I have also coloured in the thank you stamp.

Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

  1. Interesting idea, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works brilliantly Dale. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with great background :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTatic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and a great way to use pen on a project. Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea using your stencil to draw with. Such a lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and so clever. Thank you for sharing this with us at Artastic 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I love your background, and how you've put this card together. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ARTastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a fabulous background, Dale! I love the variety of colors. Thanks so much for you kind words on my layout entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty! I like that you used different colours of pen. Thanks for creating with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. Thank you so much for joining us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and great use of a stencil! Thank you for joining in with our July challenge at ARTastic!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea to make this beautiful card. TFS and playing Alongwith ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete