Sunday, July 9, 2017

Thank you card using pen work

Hiya,

The July 2017 inspiration at Artastic challenge blog is:

Abstract by Robert Klippel


JULY inspiration is Abstract by Robert Klippel

I chose to make a card.  Here is what I did.

I chose a stencil that I thought I could work with.  Then I picked a number of pens in similar tones.


I got my trusty little CM clips and attached the stencil to white paper and cardboard to hold everything in place.


Then I proceeded to very carefully use my pens to trace along the lines in the stencil. I alternated colours. I used the ruler to hold the stencil still.


I used the paper as a backing paper for my card.  I showed my son and he thought it was a patterned paper so I thin it has been successful. I have also coloured in the thank you stamp.

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting idea, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works brilliantly Dale. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with great background :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTatic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and a great way to use pen on a project. Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea using your stencil to draw with. Such a lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and so clever. Thank you for sharing this with us at Artastic 😊

    ReplyDelete