Monday, February 6, 2017

Chinese New Year card for 2017 - Year of the Rooster

It's the first challenge for 2017 at the Unstampabelles challenge blog.  You will be very happy with this one.

February - #65 Anything Goes.........TWIST use something new

Easy, right?

I went to Riot Art & Craft this morning. They had a sale on. I bought 80 card and envelope sets for just AU$14.99. A very good deal. There are lots of colours to choose from in the pack.



The next thing I did was go to google images and find a picture of Chinese New Year 2017. It is the year of the rooster. All the images were gold and red.  I chose this one which looks like a postage stamp. I printed it on photo paper and trimmed it.



I chose a yellow card to match the gold in the image and then added some red and yellow Japanese papers which I have layered.

I gave this card to my friend Corene. She invited me to a Chinese Restaurant to celebrate the Chinese new year with her. We had a 9 course banquet and the food and the company were fantastic.  Corene loved her card very much.

Thanks for looking and I hope you join in. There is no reason not to. You can make anything and you need to use something new. Who doesn't like shopping for new craft supplies?

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use Chinese New Year as the twist plus your other new goodies. Great card and I love a Chinese Banquet too. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete