Sunday, October 6, 2013

Peacock layout for ARTastic



As soon as I saw this month's inspiration art at ARTastic I knew that I wanted to use this peacock garden photo from Jurong Bird Park in Singapore. I thought it was so pretty and I wanted to create a pretty layout for it. I have a lavender background page which I've covered with a Basic Grey laser cut doilie. If you look beneath the photo on the right you can just see that two birds are part of the design. The extra criteria was feathers and I've used 2 yellow and one purple plus a little bling which I placed lower right below the photo to kind of extend the peacock tail. I've also added a metal peacock from The Trinket Track with a ribbon through it on my page.

Here is the artwork for the month. Quite sweet I thought.



10 comments:

  1. THE perfect photo for this challenge Dale and I really like how you have replicated the purple, pink and lime from this to your paper choice. Thanks so much for joining us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing garden, it's beautiful. You're right it deserved a pretty page and you have created one with that amazing background. The little touch of feathers and colouring in parts of your background are great. Thanks for playing along with your challenge at ARTastic, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo! That garden looks amazing. You have created such a lovely background for this photo and I love the added feathers and bling. A lovely "take" on this month's ARTastic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout! The photo certainly ties in well with the theme and I love the colours you have used to reflect the peacock. Thanks for joining in with the ARTastic challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a gorgeous photo, & a splendid page Dale! I love your background & the feather just add that highlight! Thank you for playing along at ARTastic with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dale what a fabulous match up of paper, photo and embellishment too! Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo Dale, I love the background pp you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You nailed it with gorgeous photo on this months Challenge LO over at ARTastic. It looks absolutely fantastic with that awesome bg and the feathers too. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning peacock and stunning layout! The feathers bring that little extra, together with the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo fro this challenge. Love your happy colors =). Thanks for playing along at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete