Wednesday, June 13, 2012

80's music

I was a teenager in the 80's and I really love the music from that time. There's a challenge over at Scrap that song's blog to use a song from the 1980's as inspiration.
On the weekend I started to scrap layouts from our day at the Kennedy Space Centre. I remember a song I used to like by Def Leppard called "Rocket" so I used that as the title for this layout. It's unusual to get a family shot on a vacation. It's often part of a set shot by someone trying to sell you that photo, as the photo in this one is.

Here's my layout.



Perth has been having thunderstorms this week. We missed out on power outages and damage on Monday night but were not so lucky last night.  We were without power from 9:30pm til 7:30am this morning. Also, one of our fences blew down.  Here's a pic.


It is leaning against our house right where my bedroom is. I heard lots of loud noise during the night and kept looking out windows to try to see what was going on, too wild to go outdoors. Now I know what happened.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in at Scrap That Song Dale. I agree lots of fabulous songs from that era. Your layout looks great. Hope you are safe and sound with the storms over there

    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'So glad that you are ok, Dale! Stay safe!!

    This is such a great idea for a layout! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was born in the 80s but i love everything about the 80s :) love the page Dale and sorry to hear about the fence but happy to hear you guys are ok :) NSW has had terrible weather too the past few weeks. Sick of walking in ankle deep water from the front door onwards :( xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Dale - that ROCKets..................he he
    Thanks for playing at STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captures the essence of Rocket with your layout Dale.That fence is a worry,still it could have been a lot worse I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab layout, Dale...So many awesome 80 songs and so love your choice...love your pp and your embellies.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at STS.
    Cheers x

    ReplyDelete