Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Viola layout for ARTastic



I have created this layout of Mark playing his viola for ARTastic. Here are the criteria for this month.
It turns out I have a fair variety of fairies in my stash but after much searching only one angel. Well there are two in the stamped image but only one item. Happily, they were nestled amongst clouds which is another criteria. I have also made two of my own clouds in which I've written my journalling.
Then lastly I needed 2 to 3 instruments. Mark is playing one and I have a sticker for the other.
I've made a nice pinwheel for this layout too. It's fun to revisit techniques you haven't used for a while. I like the Dusty Attic chipboard of musical notes I've added.
All in all, I'm happy with the result.

January's inspiration will come from the painting 'Ecstasy of Saint Cecelia' by Raphael



Diva Demand for an extra 6 bonus pointstry and 
work the following into your layout.

1. Clouds =  1pt
2. An Angel embellie = 2pts
3. 2-3 Musical Instruments = 3pts

7 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Dale!! All of the elements that you used come together to make a great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent page Dale! How handsome is your lovely son, & clever to play the viola too.
    I love that you have journalled on your clouds...that is a very clever idea & your music stave chippie! And all set off with that pinwheel. Top job & thatnks for playing at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pinwheel you have made - too cool! Lovely colours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale another great page you have created,love the colours you have used and the way that everything just comes together so well. Thanks for joining in on another Artastic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to wright the journaling in the clouds! Fun! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic page - what a great picture of your son - thanks for playing at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Fantastic is this page, love the photo of Mark playing th viola! Well done!

    ReplyDelete