Hello and welcome to another blog post of mine. It's the first of July, a clear winter's day here in Perth.
For Christmas each year myself and 3 friends get together and have a drink and some food and give each other a gift. Last year one of these friends gave each of us a mug. Two had the same pattern and two had different patterns. This is a picture of the box it came in. Inside was a paintbrush, 6 small pots of paint, some letters/numbers and the mug. It had an outlined pattern on it.
We hatched a plan to have a weekend away to paint these mugs. Last weekend it occurred. We went down south to Yallingup and stayed in an airbnb house called The Blue House.
Here I am sitting out the front.
We all finished painting our mugs whilst on holiday.
Here is how all four mugs looked once we had finished painting them.
Upon my return I had to stick the letters on, then wait 24 hours for them to dry and then bake the mug in the oven for 20 minutes. The whole process took far longer than I expected, especially the painting. Very tricky work in the lighting that we had and very fiddly. I mixed quite a few of the paint colours myself as my mug seemed to call for it. I'm quite pleased with how my dragonfly turned out.
Thanks for reading. This project is my DT example for this month's Archiscraps challenge.
This is the inspiration picture. Use lots of colour and the brighter the better. I hope you join in. The prize is a selection of ribbons.