Monday, September 6, 2021

September's challenge at Unstampabelles

Hi there,

Here is my DT example for Unstampabelles' challenge: 

#115: September - Salutations and Greetings TWIST stencils in background




I've used a 12x12 stencil on another project. It was bolder on that paper. This is the negative that I have used. I used spray inks on the stencil, then pressed it against this white 12x12 paper and used my brayer to press the ink on to it.  It is a subtle effect but I was happy for that for this project. I wanted all the focus to be in the middle on my son. That' where your eye goes instead of looking at the background. 

I picked up the colours from the photograph to use.

I keep a small box with altered backgrounds for use in future projects. Saves waiting for ink or paint, etc to dry.

Using stencils is really fun. Have a go!

Dale x

No comments:

Post a Comment