Monday, June 3, 2019

Glitter inlay birthday cards

June's challenge at Unstampabelles is quite a challenge. Well, it was for me. Here it is.

June #90: Stained Glass using Dies TWIST Inlaid Glitter

June - Stained Glass using Dies  TWIST Inlaid Glitter

I didn't even know what it was.  Luckily, Susan had provided an explanation and a link.

https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/05/glitter.html

I took my inspiration from this link.

I have 3 marker pens, total.  So, I used them.  I went to buy Jac paper at Spotlight, but they had run out. They had a similar product X-Press so I bought that. I don't think it is as thick as it seemed a little bit flimsy to me.


 I cut a piece of it and then using my CM cutting system cut a diamond shape out of the middle of it.
I did this before applying the glitter.  The application of the glitter was a bit messy, not as neat and tidy as Jennifer's.  That's the main reason I don't work with glitter often. I'm a fairly neat crafter. I do like the effect though.


I decided to make two cards. One with the negative and one with the positive piece.  Therefore, I cut some pink cardstock so I could the inlaying part with each card.


For this card I used the large glitter part with the smaller cardstock diamond. I added a large pink flower with a silver leaf, a Girl's Paperie die-cut and the sentiment sticker. These last two are raised on foam.


For this card I coloured the glitter diamond using my 3 markers and Jennifer's technique. I quite liked the effect.  I used complementary paper flower colours and a sentiment sticker.

 Here are the two together.

What do you think?


I gave one of the cards to one of my closest friends and she just loved it.

Dale x

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards - both of them. You have done well! Tip: I keep my white glitter in a takeaway container and try and keep the glitter mess contained in that - works mostly.

    ReplyDelete