Thursday, August 1, 2013

Final DT layout for From Screen 2 Scrap

Leaver's Shirts


Sadly, this is the last month for From Screen 2 Scrap. It has just not had the support needed for it to carry on. I have really enjoyed my time on this Design Team and wish to thank Shazza Bishop for having me. It is a terrific concept and I would love to see it get back up in the future with lots of participation. There is hope for 2014.

This month's inspiration movie poster is from the movie Hoot. See here for more information on the movie.

This month is a free scrap with no added criteria except 3 points if you add an owl to your page. Easy, right? I think so.

My inspiration was drawn firstly from the people facing away. I knew I had a photo of Mark's Grade 7 class with all the kids facing away to show the backs of their special Leaver's shirts. I also drew inspiration from the colours and the overall busyness of the poster. I also have my little owl button so I got the 3 points. 

These shirts had special significance for me as I was the one who organised them for the kids. 

Thanks for looking and I hope you're motivated to give this challenge a go for their final month.

I would love to see LOTS of entries so as to go out with a bang.

UPDATE

Well, that's it. The challenge is over and every entry won a prize. Even I did. My other Designers picked my layout as the DT pick. Very surprised about that. Happy too.  Keep your eyes out next year for the return of this challenge. Til then, catch you in cyber scrappy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment