Monday, July 5, 2021

Exciting Unstampabelles' challenge - mixed media canvas

Hi there.

I was really excited to create this month's DT submission. I knew just what I wanted to do when I read the challenge.

Here it is.

July - Art and all that Jazz              

Whatever art you are into...music, painting, carving, writing, drawing, making stuff, the art of craft.........               

 TWIST: multi-media piece

What pops into your mind? I thought wall canvas immediately.

I already had a fun art deco canvas to start with that I bought at Kmart over a year ago.  

I visited New Orleans in September 2019. I spotted a Ciao Bella paper pack called Jazz Club last year so I had to buy it. It had the perfect background for this canvas.


I used Mod Podge - paper - to adhere it to the page and splattered 3 different ink colours over it all.


I picked a stock image of a saxophone from the internet and printed it on white cardstock. I also stamped some music sheets using onyx Versa ink.

I had some cute chipboard music notes which I've added, painted black. Had to add the word jazz using Thickers.


Lastly I added some ribbon that had music notes printed on it.

I had a lot of fun creating this and it was a really easy project.

Head over to Unstampabelles to add your project. I can't wait to see your creations.

Dale x




1 comment:

  1. Such an edgy piece. Love it Dale. Have fun seeing it hanging.

    ReplyDelete