Sunday, December 1, 2019

A special card incorporating a zipper

This month's challenge pic at Archi-scraps is below. You  must incorporate a zipper in your project.

Image may contain: bicycle, sky and outdoor

Milan, Italy by @Alex Chinneck

A special 80th birthday card for a friend. A zipper on my dress broke so I decided to cut the dress up and use it. The catch got stuck at the top so it left an open section which I have filled with flowers.

 This is the sun dress. The zipper was on the side and I have cut a section off.

I chose a bright pink cardstock as the base to match the print.  Then I cut a frame out of black cardstock to hide the edges of the cut out dress.

 You can see where there is a slit where the zipper is open. I placed flowers along it until I was happy with the design.

There was a little gap of pink at the top between the frame and the dress and I've added a die-cut doily where I put the number "80".



I am certain my friend will love this card.  It is rather large, a 6" x 12" card.

Hop over to Archi-scraps and see what the other designers have done and also find out what the prize for this month's winning entry is.

Dale x

No comments:

Post a Comment