Sunday, August 3, 2014

Archiscraps August challenge

Your challenge for Archiscraps' challenge this month is to use this picture for inspiration and include castellation somehow in your design.



Castellation is something like this:


Here is what I created:



I created a double layout featuring the American Natural History Museum in New York.
My inspiration came from the colours in the picture. I also chose the photos due to the interesting ceiling pattern and the fact that the building that houses the Museum looks a bit like a castle. My  castellation element is a Creative Memories rick rack at top left which I have had forever. I inked it using sepia ink and added my title stickers to it. 
With  my travel albums  I like to use lots of photos and add lots of journalling and memorabilia. I have added a pocket on the right page which I have inserted a leaflet and ticket from the Museum into. The pocket originally had leaves on it but I have covered it with lots of die-cuts more appropriate to the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment