Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 10 of RERT - my layout and card

This week on the Red Earth Road trip the town of Emerald is featured. One of the features of the town is a giant easel displaying a Van Gogh Sunflowers painting. I took my inspiration from that and I had the perfect photos for it. Last year we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. I took a photo of Sunflowers by VVG and the explanation alongside. We also had to use scallops and a bonus item (which is the little yellow sunflower bottom right). I've also used green rhinestones as the flower centres as a nod to the name of the town of Emerald. Here is my layout for the challenge.




We also had to create a card with scallops. I love lilac. I have punched a tag and a scalloped flower. I've used cotton to spirograph around the scallops to create a nice pattern.

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning, love it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunflower LO for RERT Dale!!!! And how lucky you were able to see the painting IRL.

    ReplyDelete